1. Our Personal Information Protection Policy:
2. Personal Information Protection Policy
- (1).Collect, use and provide personal information:
We use such information for purposes other than the original intent while carefully considering the personal information is entrusted to us in our guidelines.
HIMD will follow the Japanese laws, guidelines and other norms for the handling of personal information.
- (3)Implement safety measures and correct problems:
To ensure the correctness and safety of personal information, HIMD will implement our various measures of our security and safety management policies to prevent the leakage, loss or destruction of personal information.
- (4)Respect of person's rights:
HIMD will respond with sincerity, respecting the person's rights related to that personal information when the person itself makes a request to disclose, correct or delete his or her own personal information, or there exist claims and consultations regarding personal information.
Hitachi Institute of Management Development,
President and Representative Director / Naohiko Tamiya
Established at April 1st, 2005
Revised on November 10th, 2006
3. Coverage (HIMD as a whole)
This “Personal Information Protection Policy” establishes HIMD procedures for handling personal information.
4. Definition of Personal Information
HIMD shall define that personal information means information about individuals, including the name, birth date and other descriptions (It shall also include the information that can easily be verified with some other information that makes it possible to identify individuals by it.)In addition, it shall not be limited to personal identifiers, but shall include any information that indicates a fact, recognition and assessment about the attribute of individuals, including a physical characteristic, property, occupation or status.
5. Our Handling Policy of Personal Information and Collection
- We will clearly state the purpose of the use beforehand to obtain the consent when we requires a person to provide the personal information.
- Delivery of after-sales service on products, and sending of information on ivents and new products.
- Delivery of after-service to customers.
- Responses to various inquiries to customers
- Analysis to improve products and services
- Analysis based on questionnaires to improve products and services
- Execution contract concluded between HIMD and a customer
- Contacts for business negotiations and meetings with a customer.
- Provision of personal information to the group company in case of co-operation with them.
- 3. HIMD will not provide the personal information with a third party without first obtaining consent of the person, except in the following cases:
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is based on laws.
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual an in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state institution, a local public body, or an individual or entity entrusted by one in executing the operations prescribed by laws and in which obtaining the consent of the person might impede the execution of the operations concerned
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is especially necessary for improving public hygiene or promoting the sound growth of children an in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which an entry handling personal information entrust the handling of personal information in whole or in part within the scope necessary for the achievement of the Purpose of Use
- When required to do so for business activities in which Hitachi is co-operating with the group companies, Hitachi may provide such group companies with personal information such as a name, workplace or home addresses, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc. If this is the case, the personal information will be provided in print or electronic media. In addition, the person may request us to stop the provision of the personal information with the group companies.
6. About Usage of Cookies and Web beacons
A person can refuse to receive a cookie, or can display a warning message when receiving a cookie by changing the setting of a web browser. For more details, please see the instructions of a web browser you are using. Moreover, a person can reject a Web beacon by setting to refuse the receipt of a cookie.
But, in the first case, please note that a person may not be able to use the all or part of our services provided in the website.
Mean information exchanged one another between a web server that controls a web site and a web browser that a person uses. Cookies may be saved as files in the disk of a person's PC. If you use a cookie, the web server can track and record information about which pages in the web site the particular computer visits etc. However, we cannot identify the person unless he or she enters the personal information into the web site.
- Web Beacons:
Mean technology that functions with a cookie to check how many times a person accesses a particular page. However, we cannot identify the person unless he or she enters the personal information when receiving cookies.
7. Request to customers:
- While most of HIMD's services can be used without the personal information, please note that some services are only available with the submission of the personal information.
- Please note that HIMD is not responsible for the security of personal information in any non-Hitachi web site whose link is included in the HIMD's web site.
- If a person enters the personal information into the HIMD's website, he or she is required to agree upon the provisions in this document. If you do not agree with it you may not be able to use our inquiry services.
8. Disclosure, adjustment, addition deletion concerning personal information, or request and complaint about personal information usage purposes.,
When a person wants to request to disclose, correct, add, delete, stop usage, stop provision to a third party, or notify the purpose of usage of his/her personal information (hereinafter referred to as "disclose and so on") held by HIMD, or wants to raise complaints, the person is requested to follow the following procedures:
- Please contact the relevant sales department if you need personal information that a person submitted to a HIMD's sales department.
- Please contact the department that manages the relevant web site if you need personal information that a person submitted through our web site.
- Ueno East Tower 18F, 16-1, Higashiueno 2-chome, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-0015 Japan
9. Special Notes:
- Our personal information protection policy shall be in accordance with the laws of Japan.
- HIMD may revise this document, "About Personal Information Protection," to improve the handling of personal information and/or due to the revision of laws or ordinances, or other rules or regulations.
- The implementation of this document, "About Personal Information Protection," shall be after the issued date (or revised date).
- If each Hitachi website has its own personal information policy, this policy shall supersede the provisions of any other policies in the Hitachi websites.
- If a person calls us, Hitachi may tape the call to ensure offering clearer answers.
10. Inquiries about Personal Information:
If you have any questions about "Personal Information Protection" please contact us using the following ways.